You may have heard of law of attraction principles such as “like attracts like,” or whatever you think, you will get. It’s that simple, right? No, it’s not. Most law of attraction books and teachings skip over something extremely important: how the traumatized brain is in exact conflict of the laws we want to attract. In this episode, I explore how the ego, conscious mind, and subconscious mind coupled with trauma can impact (or even sabotage) the things we want to attract into our lives.
I have spent years reading books on positive thinking and manifesting, only to find that I would always default back into my old thinking patterns. I would give up on Law of Attraction altogether. Once I learned the tools to unravel my adapted self, and was finally able to step into my authentic self, I saw a massive shift in my thinking. Which in turn impacted my life in a positive way. The fact of the matter is this: you attract who you are, not what want.
- Thoughts have a high or low frequency depending on how positive or negative they are.
- In the mind of a traumatized brain, any change is seen as a threat, which is in exact conflict with the laws we want to attract
- How your ego is the gatekeeper of your conscious mind
- Your ego is not in charge of your actual survival, it just thinks it is. So, you have to heal your trauma in order to tell your ego you’ve got this!
- When you are able to safely expose your trauma and heal from it, you can use it for your benefit and not your detriment. Then and only then are you able to attract what you want.
- The episode ends with a self-realization exercise to help you understand how your ego may be sabotaging you.
Resources and Links:
Blessons of a Breakup Daily Email
MAGIC Words: How To Get What You Want From a Narcissist
Lindsey on Instagram
My Most Personal Podcast Ever
How to Discover Your Lost Authentic Self